The holiday season is fast approaching and with it comes every wife/husband or girlfriend/boyfriends dilemma….what do they buy their cycling significant other? Like last year, I decided to put together a list of ten items that a cyclist might find useful if it were to end up in their stocking (I know I would….so, if my dear wife is reading this, please take note). Here they are:
- Pedros Beverage Wrench – everybody needs one of these laying around.
- Shebeest Glass Prism Sock for the women or the Hincapie Merino Wool Sock for the guys.
- The Capo Roubaix Hat for men. – I think this just looks totally cool.
- Planet Bike Blinky Rear LED Light – every cyclist needs good rear illumination for those evening or early morning rides.
- Park Tool SW-7 Triple Spoke Wrench – I can’t count the number of times I wish I had a spoke wrench with me.
- Innovations Ultraflate Plus CO2 Inflator – if your cyclist already has an inflator then re-stock their supply of CO2 cartridges.
- Fi’zi:k Saddle Pa:k w/ Clips – I know I need to get rid of my oversize mountain bike seat bag.
- Bicycling 1-year Magazine Subscription – every cyclist needs this.
- The Time-Crunched Cyclist: Fit, Fast, and Powerful in 6 Hours a Week by Chris Carmichael
- Chamois Butt’r 8-Ounce Skin Lubricant – you gotta protect yourself.
There you have it. Some pretty simple items that, I think, would make any cyclist happy to find in their stocking this Christmas. If I’m not mistaken, most of the items are under $20 (with some under $10) which is easy on the bank account.