Biking to Live and ClassicCycling.com Tour de Cure Contest
Ok folks, I’ve been working on this one for a while and am now ready to launch the first contest here on Biking to Live. Not only can you win something cool but you can help me by supporting the Tour de Cure and their fund-raising efforts for the American Diabetes Association.
I’m sure most of you know that I’m riding the 100 mile challenge at the Tour de Cure here in Jacksonville, Fl on May 21, 2011. In an effort to raise as much money as possible, I’ve put some time into trying to setup a contest. This contest is the first of a couple I have lined up and I hope to have more before it’s over. Without further ado, let me get into the particulars.
ClassicCycling.com is an online store based in Harrisburg, NC that features a great selection of cycling products from brands like Hincapie, Giordana, Capo, and Castelli. They’ve got great customer service that I can vouch for personally. A few months ago I was in the hunt for a new pair of bibs and was having a hard time finding something that would fit. Shane at Classic Cycling contacted me via Twitter and helped me find a great pair of Giordana bibs that I love.
Shane and ClassicCycling.com are helping me out again by offering a $75 gift certificate to the winner of this inaugural Tour de Cure contest. They’re also giving out some coupon codes to those of you who want to increase your chances of winning the gift certificate. Intrigued? Cool.
- To enter the contest all you have to do is donate $5 on my Tour de Cure fund raising page. A $5 donation gets you one entry. Each multiple of $5 gets you another entry. For example, a $10 donation gets you two entries. A $15 donation gets you three entries. And so on.
- A $10 donation not only gets you two entries into the contest but you’ll also get a 10% coupon code to use at ClassicCycling.com. The coupon code will need to be used by 17-Apr-11.
- When making your donation make sure you use your real name and enter your email address. You want to be notified if you win right?
- This contest is open to US residents only.
- The $75 gift certificate has no cash value and must be used on merchandise from ClassicCycling.com on a single order. If the winner wants to spend less than $75 there will be no cash back. In other words, spend it all at one time!
- The contest starts today, 11-Mar-2011, and will end at Noon EST on 18-Mar-11. Shortly thereafter I’ll put all the contestants on a spreadsheet and choose a winner using Random.org. I’m a ninja with spreadsheets so it’ll be fair.
That’s it. Pretty simple.
If you’d like to help me raise as much money as possible, please re-tweet this post and share it on Facebook. I make it easy for you with the re-tweet button at the top of the post and the Facebook ‘Like’ button at the top and bottom. You can even share it using the comment box below.
A big thanks to ClassicCycling.com for stepping up to the plate and helping me raise money for the Tour de Cure. With my families history with diabetes, and my cycling goals for the year, it means a lot. All of you should visit Classic Cycling to see their selection. You can also visit them on Twitter @ClassicCycling or on Facebook here.
If you’re a representative for a cycling company and would like to sponsor a prize for an upcoming contest please contact me.
Be sure to bookmark the Biking To Live Tour de Cure Contests page to keep up to date on the latest contest info.