The holiday season is in full swing now with both Black Friday and Cyber Monday behind us. I’m not one of those folks that thinks I have to hit the stores at 5:00 AM the day after Thanksgiving to do my shopping. Personally, I have to wonder about the mental stability of folks that do that. If any of my readers are frequent participants in the holiday “running of the bulls” please don’t take offense. I’m just having fun with it but you do have to wonder about the folks that find it necessary to trample a guy to death.
That said, I’ve compiled a list of cool items you may want to pass along to your significant other to save them the time and frustration of trying to shop for a bicyclist. If your wife/husband knows as much about bicycling as my wife does then you’ll understand why I’ve put this list together. Without further ado here’s my list:
1. Products from Genuine Innovations. If you’re not familiar with Genuine Innovations they are a company that produces some of the best tire inflation products you can buy. Their CO2 inflators are high quality and something every bicyclist needs to carry in their seat bag. I did a review on their Second Wind Road Mini Carbon a while back that would make a great gift. You can get anything from CO2 cartridge refills to complete CO2 powered inflation kits that come in their own seat bag.
2. A Jersey from 3 Feet Please. 3 Feet Please is a new company that offers jerseys to help educate drivers on the 3-foot-law currently enforced in fourteen states. I did an article about the 3 Feet Please cycling jersey a few weeks ago.
3. Bicycling Magazine subscription. Amazon.com runs some great deals on magazine subscriptions and you can get one year of Bicycling for $11.
4. Jelly Belly Sports Beans. These are energy replacement snacks that can be consumed during your ride to help replenish Vitamins B and C and electrolytes. They’ve also got a nice collection of Jelly Belly apparel that includes cycling jerseys, hats, socks, and water bottles.
5. A Road ID Identification Bracelet. If you don’t have one of these you seriously need to consider it. A Road ID can be ordered in either standard or interactive configurations and contains the information required by first responders to treat you and notify your family in the event you’re in an accident and incapacitated. They have gift cards available and orders must be placed by December 14, 2008 in order to be received by Christmas.
6. If the above five aren’t a big enough list to give your significant other, then take a look at this list of bestsellers from Amazon.com:
Planet Bike Blinky Super Flash 1/2-Watt Blaze LED Plus 2 eXtreme LED Rear Bicycle Light (this product has a five star review rating with 84 customer reviews)
Lastly, if any of you feel compelled to get me something, take a look at my Amazon Wish List.